Old July 24th 04, 04:40 PM
David Hansen

Default Booking Bikes on Virgin - Easy

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:57:46 +0100 someone who may be Tony Raven
wrote this:-

Sat here cramped up for five hours in a seat which has a
socket to power my laptop but not enough room to open a laptop up!.

Your laptop is too big:-)

Train is packed and many are standing all the way.

I have been using the train services that are now called Virgin
Cross Country since the 1970s. They can be crowded at busy times,
but then so can the roads and being stuck in a traffic jam for hours
is not fun. People standing tends to only be for relatively short
distances, when the train calls at big towns at peak times.

a comfy car seat where I can relax, listen to the
radio, stop when I want to have a coffee

How often do you use your laptop while sitting in a car seat?

You can listen to the radio in trains, either by bringing a radio
with you or by plugging headphones into the socket at the seat of
some trains (including the sort of train you were on). Note that I
did not claim that the latter is perfect, my comments on it get sent
to Virgin from time to time.

You don't have to stop to have a coffee, or can of something
stronger, on a train.

This is one of the new Voyager trains so we can't expect the situation
to improve with new rolling stock

They have already removed some seats to make more space for luggage.
Virgin said before the trains were introduced that they would like
to make these trains longer by one coach, but could not make the
figures add up.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.