Old June 23rd 20, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Bigger handlebar bag

On 6/22/2020 4:30 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/22/2020 3:34 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 11:10:47 AM UTC-7, Bertrand
wrote:
From Jan Heine
(https://www.renehersecycles.com/new-...-huge-restock/

Over the winter, we’ve worked with Berthoud Cycles in
France to design a new,
bigger handlebar bag, the GB 31.

Fashion is a powerful thing.

So is capacity!

Today I rode my touring bike to a pharmacy a few miles away,
the one with the best selection of birthday cards. I needed
a good one for a special friend. Yes, I still mail birthday
cards! Paper ones!

As I walked in to the store, I thought "Oh, maybe they'll
have paper towels!" See, we haven't found any for weeks.
(Maybe they converted all the paper towel production lines
to toilet paper?)

Well, this store had the perfect card AND paper towels! But
wait - the bike isn't the 3 speed with the front basket. It
isn't the utility bike with the grocery panniers. And the
pack of paper towels dwarfs both my handlebar bag and my
Carradice saddlebag!

I found only one thin tiny 8" bungee in my bike bag. I was
just able to loop it through the handles of the plastic
shopping bag they gave me, then stretch it from one saddle
wire to the other. Luckily, it held together for the trip home.

Hmm. Maybe I need a bigger saddlebag...

Slip the plastic shopping bag handles over a wrist and just
ride. I only sent cargo into spokes once in many years of
doing that regularly.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/