Old July 9th 20, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Cassette change?

On 7/9/2020 12:20 PM, Mark Cleary wrote:
For me I really don’t think it will skip on a new chain. I live in flatlands Illinois and keep my chain clean. I have quick link and will remove and dunk at 500-750 mile intervals. I am not a masher. I guess I may go ahead order a new chain and cassette.

Deacon Mark

You seem to put on enough miles, having a cassette in reserve seems
reasonable. What brand of chain? I'm told some last a LOT longer than
others.

I *may* have got 6k on a Campy chain once, a chain I cleaned
obsessively, but I really don't remember the number. I've changed to
frequently-changed KMC's now.

Mark J.