Old July 31st 20, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

Default Hey, Franki-boy Krygowski, where are those seasonalworkers from Donegal you promised to prove?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 08:36:51 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 12:19:22 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 11:04:50 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Hey, Franki-boy Krygowski, where are those seasonal workers from
Donegal you promised to prove?

Andre Jute
Just a gentle nudge for you to do your duty, Franki-boy

What do you want to bet that Frank thinks Donegal is a town?

You owe me a new keyboard, Tom. I just sputtered a favourite keyboard
with coffee. Heh-heh! -- AJ

Please do it again. Wikipedia seems to think Donegal is a town:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donegal_(town)
http://www.donegaltown.ie

Not to get involved too much except out of boredom, Donegal is a county,
isn’t it?

Hopefully, you didn't add any sugar to the coffee. Sugar makes the
keyboard rather sticky until it's washed and wiped a few times. This
looks like barely tolerable advice:
https://www.hungerford.tech/help-i-spilled-coffee-on-my-keyboard.php
I cheat and use my air compressor to blow away as much surface liquid
as possible before washing. Try to blow across the surface of the
keyboard and not down into the mechanism and electronics.

After the ritual baptism of the keyboard, blow away as much residual
water as possible. Hang the keyboard vertically so that the drippings
will land in the ends of the keyboard, not into the mechanism or key
dome area. For the remaining water to evaporate, leave the keyboard
in the sun for a few hours if its warm, or a few days if it's overcast
or the humidity is high. Blow some more compressed air under the
keys. If you see water droplets, it's not dry yet.

Also, don't use gas (petrol) station compressed air. They usually
spray water, rust, and oil.

Good luck. If you have problems, just ask one of the seasonal workers
for help. They might not know much about keyboard cleaning, but the
probably know more than the local bicycle blacksmith.

Maybe wrap it in newspaper. That helped dry my shoes after the recent
downpour we cycled through.