Old August 1st 20, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Hey, Franki-boy Krygowski, where are those seasonal workers from Donegal you promised to prove?

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 20:56:13 -0000 (UTC), Duane
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Please do it again. Wikipedia seems to think Donegal is a town:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donegal_(town)
http://www.donegaltown.ie

Not to get involved too much except out of boredom, Donegal is a county,
isn’t it?

The secret to long life is to never resist temptation. You're likely
to live a long life, along with many other bicyclists who post such
comments.

Yes, Donegal is a county. However, it's also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donegal
a bay, a town, a castle, an airport, an Irish parliamentary
constituency, various communities in Canada and Pennsylvania, two
gunships, a ferry boat, a brand of wool carpet, and a dairy company.
Which of these are responsible for seasonal workers is a subject of
which I know nothing. However, it doesn't really matter because the
objective of my comments was to inspire Andre Jute to repeat his
performance before the keyboard so that I have a defensible excuse for
demonstrating my expertise in the fine art of keyboard cleansing.

Drivel: Did you know he has a chandelier named in his honor?
https://www.google.com/search?q=regina+andrew+jute&hl=en&tbm=isch

Maybe wrap it in newspaper. That helped dry my shoes after the recent
downpour we cycled through.

For shoes, stuffed with newspaper, not wrapped in newspaper.
https://www.cycling-inform.com/how-to-dry-out-your-cycling-shoes-overnight
In order for wrapping in newspaper to function as desiccants, it would
be necessary for the water to evaporate before paper could absorb the
retain the moisture. Desiccants will work in an enclosed volume, such
as a pill bottle, but not very well if the moisture must be
transmitted through open air. The reason it worked with your shoes is
through capillary action, where contact with the newspaper allowed the
transfer of water via adhesion, cohesion, and surface tension.
Stuffing newspaper inside the shoes helps absorb water from areas
lacking in air circulation. Wrapping the outside of the shoes with
newspaper will obstruct evaporation and retain moisture. While
newspaper might draw some water out of a keyboard, it would also block
the air flow necessary to promote evaporation. Both the keyboard and
your shoes would probably have dried faster in circulating warm air
than embalmed in newspaper. (Warm air hold more water than cold air).

Litmus test:
Is it true? (Of course it's true. I wrote it.)
Is it necessary? (If that means involving bicycle tech, 50%)
Is it kind? (50%)
Ok, it passes, but not quite in the originally intended manner.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D