Old November 22nd 04, 03:57 PM
Fat Lad

Hello,

My limited experience of night riding has been on unlit lanes and as
such I bought lights to see with as well as being seen.

I don't think stealth mode is for me, I want to get to B without stop
starting. I misjudged how bright the head lamp needed to be the first
night and had to creep home because I couldn't see the potholes, didn't
like that at all.

I have since rectified this and now have two cateye somethings which
give me the confidence to hammer along at almost normal speeds. Cars
seem a bit hesitant when coming towards me, I may be dazzling them, but
on the whole I feel fairly safe with all the flashing LEDs and stuff.

Except for the halfwit pedestrians out walking their dogs or just
wandering around in the dark. Shine a torch on a black coat against a
hedge and you probably won't see anything. My biggest worry now is
hitting one of these muppets or even worse the lunatics with dogs on
20ft leads on opposite sides of the road. One tends to swear alot when
riding (I don't know why) & now I'm finding myself apologising to these
idiots for my language and then thinking I should berate them for their
stupidity.

It'll be fisticuffs I tell you!

--
Fat Lad