Old March 27th 14, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

So, no, we are not at all the same .. you're bigoted, prejudiced,
monomaniacal and think you should be privileged over everyone else.

I have given every good argument there is for banning bikes
from trails in the course of several threads on this newsgroup You have given no
arguments at all, instead blathering something about data and statistics.

No, Ed, You've yet to come up with even one 'good' argument for a ban. You seem to think that just stating something counts as a good argument ... bereft any objective backup it's just your opinion and therefore worthless.

You want to do what you want to do regardless of how it effects others.

No, Ed, that's not true. I proposed that compromise was needed to ensure that everyone gets some, not all, of what they want.

You certainly are right when you call me prejudiced. That I am
about hiking trails and who has any right to use them.

At last, some honesty.

Your effrontery in thinking you have equal standing with

respect to trail use is outrageous. What you are doing to the trails

and how it

is effecting traditional users is criminal. If there were any justice

in this

world you would be sitting in a jail cell for many years - and so

would the

idiot land managers who are permitting such usage.

Yes, how dare I think that I should in any way be entitled to use

public resources that Mr E Dolan has designated for one, very specific purpose
and that specific purpose ONLY.

Mr. Ed Dolan belongs to a universe of hikers and equestrians
who think and feel exactly the same.

I am quite sure you do. Fortunately, for the rest of us, it's a very small universe and getting smaller by the day.

If I were to become like you then I would rather be dead.

You are wholly negative and don't give a damn about anyone else.

I care about hikers and I don't care about bikers on trails.

And, if that's your attitude, then why should bikers care about you when they become the majority users of a trail ?

You seem to think that your desires trump everyone else's ... you

want to annex the entire trail network for one, highly specific, use and damn
everyone else.

I want the traditional uses to continue until the end of time.
Just because some jerks came up with an idea of a bike that can ridden off road
does not mean they have to be accommodated on hiking trails.

What an idiotic statement ... nothing continues to the end of time. The trails you are so vigorously annexing for one specific use now were not instituted for that use so you were, once, a non-traditional use too. The world changes; you can either see that as an opportunity or rail against it as some latter day Canute. I see you've chosen the latter option.

I've tried to be polite but, really, you are becoming beyond the

pale ... you're like the geriatric who used to play football in the street but
now appears shaking a fist when the young do the same. Life is to be lived
and things change and move on ... either accept that or step aside.

What you want to do with your bike on trails is NOT being
polite. You are a transgressor, an interloper and basically a scoundrel. There
is no good reason in the world why the traditional uses of trails should change
to accommodate you and your ilk. The trails are there for walkers. Either walk
them like everybody else - or go to Hell!

I'm not asking anyone to change ... I'm not saying you can't do your activity. That your mind is so fragile that simply having bikes in your vicinity seems to upset your mental equilibrium is NOT MY PROBLEM.