ixiz
external usenet poster

Default Charging di2 batteries with dc power source

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 2:47:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 11:47:13 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 9:10:35 AM UTC-5, ixiz wrote:
On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 10:05:45 AM UTC-4, sms wrote:
On 10/3/2018 4:51 AM, ixiz wrote:
I’m not certain hence the question. I do know there are electronics in the battery that uses canbus for communication to other components

The CANBUS data is modulated on the power lines, but I doubt if the
battery has a CANBUS controller inside it.

I dont know much bout electronics - hence the confirmation before i damage anything

I just want to be able to have a charged internal di2 battery when i need it as a loaner or help someone that needs it when as needed - I dont have the new 6880 nor the 8050 system - i have a 6770 (10s) external battery

I really don't think its worth your trouble to even investigate this topic. My 7970 Di2 battery lasts 2-3 YEARS before needing recharge. And when a recharge is necessary, it turns off the front derailleur shifting first, you can still use the rear shifter for many, many miles. Eventually both derailleurs would stop working I suppose. Having a dead Di2 battery is about as common as having a lunar and solar eclipse in a month with two full moons. And Christmas, New Years and Thanksgiving all falling in the same month too.

I agree. I never have to charge my Di2 batteries during the season (road and off road). Just charge once before the season and you are done. Especially on my cross bike off road a shift the crap out of the Di2 system. I don't understand the fear of people of an empty battery on their Di2 system.

Lou

I have come across many variations mine i charge it only once per season (but i have many bikes and 2 are di2 10s - and may only get 2k miles each). I have also repaired many bikes that drains a full charge within 2 weeks 300miles. There is still one bike after even replacing a few components under warranty it still drains the battery overnight (he disconnects the battery after each ride). so yes it has a wide range.
but thats not the OP here
The Q is can the internal di2 battery be charged using a DC charger - output 8.4VDC 0.5A connect via E tube to the BT-DN110
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home