Old June 21st 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.marketplace
RicodJour

Default Le Poseur

On Jun 21, 9:40 am, RonSonic wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:33:06 -0700, RicodJour wrote:

The odd thing is the guy actually does have some nice stuff. For the
life of me I can't figure out why he'd feel it was necessary to blow
smoke up people's asses to sell it.

Over the years I've met some number of salesmen who just do stupid **** like
that. They'll have a perfectly legitimate, if humble company with decent
products and some reasonable hope of expansion - then exaggerate to the point of
discrediting what they've really got. Or this bogus testimonial / sock puppet
thing - I don't get it. Why lie when the truth is available and perfectly
suitable to your intentions.

Oh well.

There's a current thread in the construction groups where a
manufacturer makes a totally outrageous claim - that their plastic
product that allows grass to be driven on (think honeycomb) can
support 97,000 pounds per square foot, or 1.2 fully loaded semi-
tractor trailers on every square foot. I find such claims insulting.