Old December 3rd 04, 08:29 PM
Edward Dolan

"Steve Knight" wrote in message
I had to come up with a good line (G) I have a burley limbo and my butt
hangs
in the gap between the seat and the back. I have the seat back on it's
rails as
far as it will go and the back tight as possible. But my rear gets sore
with
that gap.
It may be partly my sit bones hurting. As I loose weight they hurt sitting
even
on padding. I had the seat perfect for them but once I lost more weight
they
hurt again. I don't think much will help with this till I loose more
weight. But
the gap needs some help.
http://www.hostelshoppe.com/cgi-bin/...sory=983911349 this
may
help but it is pretty expensive. Any other idea's?

I got a kick out of your post Steve. I too do not have much padding in my
derriere. The recumbent seats that are comfortable for me right out of the
box are few and far between. I usually have to modify them with lots of foam
padding in order to get comfy. On the other hand, I know innumerable
cyclists who are never uncomfortable on any kind of bike seat. I have noted
that those types have rumps like elephants. Hells Bells, they could be
sitting on bare plywood planks, or a fence rail for that matter, and they
would never feel a thing.

Steve, layer is some high quality foam from the top of the seat back to the
front of the seat base and you will eventually get some comfort. The main
problem with the Limbo is that you can't really get the seat laid back much
and so you have a fairly upright sitting position on the bike. The beauty of
my Vision is that I can really get the seat laid back sufficiently to get
the weight off of my butt.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota