Old September 8th 18, 04:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bus racks

On 9/8/2018 8:58 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/7/2018 8:12 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 20:24:42 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/7/2018 7:42 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 19:21:20 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2018-09-07 08:04, jbeattie wrote:

And yet you expect the government to provide you with
special bike racks on buses.

No, bike racks that actually work with contemporary bikes
that are commonly used in this area. Just like we now have
roads that accommodate vehicles wider than a Ford Model T.
It's that simple.

I've seen no evidence except your assertions for the idea
that your style of bike is common among those who use buses.
I rarely trust your assertions. So do you have any evidence?

And regarding roads and Model Ts: ISTM your situation is
like that of a 1930s guy who built or bought something on
this style
https://www.cycleworld.com/2014/07/2...specifications

then complained the roads weren't suitable for its use.

Don't buy something out of spec for the infrastructure you
want to use, then complain about the infrastructure.

Roads not suitable to that ugly 3 wheel monstrosity? How so? I see
them
(and copies) all summer around here.

But not in the 1930s, as I said.

I was alive in the 1930's and I can assure you that the two lane
blacktop roads in New Hampshire (at least) would accommodate a three
wheel motorcycle... at least the three wheel Harley's that the Police
had would fit.

I don't doubt that. But I said "something on this style."
https://www.cycleworld.com/2014/07/2...specifications

For more specifics, that Polaris is wider than a Corvette, with a 69
inch front track measurement. And the ground clearance is just over 5
inches, with a 105" wheelbase. And it requires three decently smooth
tracks in the road, not just two.

The currently made, as of 2012, Morgan 3 wheeler is 128" long, 68
inches wide and has a ground clearance of 4.5 inches.
https://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/3-wheeler/

Imagine trying to drive that on a typical 1930s country road.
http://www.dcnyhistory.org/Fact_Fancy/images/6.07.jpg

(BTW, why is the Polaris driver wearing a helmet? Does he think it will
tip over?)

Modern Morgans are powered by engines built near me in Viola WI.

Really? Wow.

I wonder how the tariff battles will affect that.

--
- Frank Krygowski