Old February 27th 19, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RJH[_2_]

Default Wear a helmet, you know it makes sense

On 27/02/2019 10:55, Rob Morley wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:29:10 +0000
RJH wrote:

On 25/02/2019 18:20, Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:00:57 +0000
RJH wrote:

[...]

[...]
[...]
Well no, because that would be risk compensation by cyclists not
drivers, and it has nothing to do with measuring passing distances.

Thanks, yes, I know - but it was the only article I could find in
context. Do you happen to know the one you refer to?

I usually rely on others with better memory than mine to provide
citations, but in this case I found it almost instantly:

https://helmets.org/walkerstudy.htm

Interesting, thanks - the issue is shifting between academics every few
years. The original has taken quite a kicking, but the original data
seems to keep getting reworked.

The latest (this month) supports the notion that drivers drive closer to
riders with helmets - but with a number of caveats and emphases. It's
not available electronically yet - so even if I could understand it
(unlikely) I've not read it.

I think the issue is probably best described as 'undecided'.

--
Cheers, Rob