Old March 7th 19, 05:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Now Back In Ho****er

On 3/7/2019 11:21 AM, wrote:
The hot water had slowed to a very light stream full on in the kitchen. I dug around and found a bucket that would fit under the sink. The facet is one of the new kind that passes both hot and cold and anything in between by rotation of the level and velocity by lifting the lever.

I turned off the hot water valve, pulled the hose off and placed it in the bucket and turned the cold water on and rotated it to a position in which the hot and cold would mix. The high pressure cold water flowed through the hit water hose and blew a bunch of fairly large stones out of the entire hot water passageway.

I was sort of worried that there cold be some stuck in the valve as well but reassembled the hot water pressure and flow rate is back up to the same as the cold water rate.

So I didn't have to crawl under the sink to take the entire plastic hose off, turn the house water off and remove the hot water valve and clean it or replace the entire sink valve with stones too deeply embedded in the narrow piping to be retrieved.

Sometimes things work out well and other times we have to listen to Frank....

Sounds like victory!
Speaking as a guy who's generally suspicious of many modern
'improvements', I just love flexible supply tubes.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/