Old March 8th 19, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Automatic transmissions considered harmful

Beautiful day today, a balmy 21F this morning, the robins were singing,
a woodlot full of tapped sugar maples on the way to work.

Riding through the top of a T intersection with a minor road on my
right, they have a stop sign, I see a small car that seems not likely to
even slow, much less stop. Fortunately the oncoming lane is empty, and
I swing out past the yellow line, right alongside the car. Curses
(literally, and loudly, but to no effect, windows are closed). I can
see the driver, a fat girl, looking down at her cell phone in her
gearshift hand, grinning like a fool.

I tried to catch up to her, but the next light was green for her and red
for me.

Hey, nobody died, just venting.