Old July 13th 07, 12:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

Default ANOTHER Injured Mountain Biker Has to Be Flown Out via Helicopter!

At least the poor ******* was not murdered on a mountain highway and tossed
over the side of the road into a ravine where he rotted for 4 months before
somebody found him so they could write a report so you could post it on
usenet as an accident that all mountain bikers are sure to have some day.

Moron.

I think we should take up a collection and buy you a mountain bike and a
plane ticket to Bolivia.

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
VENTURA COUNTY SHERIFF
MEDIA RELEASE
BOB BROOKS, Sheriff
www.VCSD.org

Nature of Incident: Injured Mountain Biker

Location: China Flats / East Ventura County

Date & Time: 7-7-07 / 1130 Hours

Unit Responsible: Ventura County Sheriff's Department Aviation / SAR
Unit

(V)ictim: Charles Cohn City of residence: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Age: 40

Narrative:

On 7-7-07, at approximately 1130 hours, Air Squad 8 was dispatched to
an injured mountain biker on a trail in the "China Flats" area of
Thousand Oaks. (China Flats is a popular location for mountain biking
and hiking.)

Air Squad 8 responded and located the injured biker on a trail on the
west side of China Flats and landed in a nearby clearing. The flight
paramedic and crew chiefs made contact with the victim, Charles Cohn,
who advised he had injured his leg when he crashed his mountain bike.
Cohn's leg was splinted and he was loaded into the Air Squad 8. He
was then flown to the base of the trail where his care was transferred
to paramedics in the waiting AMR ambulance. Cohn was transported by
ground to a local hospital for further treatment.

Officer Preparing Release: Sr. Dep. Shane Matthews #3127

Follow-up Contact: Sr. Dep. Shane Matthews #3127

Date of Release: 7/7/07

Approved by: Sgt. Rick Harwood
###

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande