Old January 21st 17, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Recovering Saddle

On 1/21/2017 12:01 AM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 20:16:37 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I did it once, long ago. Actually, I was customizing a hard plastic bodied
saddle. I drilled a few holes in the places my sit-bones hit to give it some
more flex, and built up cushioning lumps using RTV silicon. Then I stretched and
glued a new leather cover over the saddle. IIRC, I used contact cement.

It wasn't difficult, and it worked very well. The saddle's still good, although
I haven't been using it for quite a while.

- Frank Krygowski

Do you remember any problem in laying the covering smoothly over the
contact cement.

I don't remember any problem, but at this point I can't recall the exact
technique I used. The result was/is quite smooth, no wrinkles.

--
- Frank Krygowski