Old April 29th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
jim beam[_4_]

Default Bicycle Tires That Shouldn't Last But Do and Bicycle Tires ThatShould Last But Don't

Opus wrote:
On Apr 28, 3:26 am, jim beam wrote:
Chalo wrote:
Here in Central Texas, UV kills tires long before wear, weather, or
ozone.

before wear??? that's another incredibly revealing and fredly chalo
statement!

why do you hang out on a "bike" newsgroup chalo? "circus clown
equipment" would seem more appropriate for you.
snip

I live a couple days' ride north of Chalo and I have to back him up on
this one. Between the UV and the Ozone tires don't last very long
here. I have had to throw away tires that had less than 500 miles on
them because the carcass had split from weathering and pollution, in
all areas of the tire, tread, sidewall and near the bead. I have had
tires go bad that I though were whitewalls until I demounted them and
discovered a black bead that faded to chalky white. TX is running neck
and neck with SoCal as the most polluted area in the US. SoCal levels
are a tiny bit higher, but TX are over a much wider area.

Opus

well, we never have sunshine here in california. and pollution doesn't
block u.v. but strangely, freds still suffer from cracked tires. odd
isn't it.