Old February 26th 10, 06:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Charging points for cars but what about electric bicycles?

Presumably they deliver mains voltage to chargers in the cars but
using hefty plugs instead of the standard three pin. If there was also
a three pin socket they could serve for bikes carrying their own
charger but I bet Boris hasn't thought of that., or doesn't want to.

"London electric car scheme secures £17m funding

London Mayor Boris Johnson has secured £17m for electric car charge
points for the capital.

The money will fund 1,600 charge points over the next twelve months,
increasing to a network of 7,500 charging points by spring 2013,
according to the mayor.

This cash will contribute to the delivery of Mr Johnson's target of
25,000 charge points in London by 2015..."

"...Jenny Jones, Green Party member for the London Assembly, said the
announcement was "a healthy first step".

But she warned: "Electric vehicles are still cars, so they still cause
congestion, disruption, casualties and deaths on the roads."

"They are part of the solution, but don't fix the other problems that
all cars cause"

Murad Qureshi, Labour's environment spokesman on the London Assembly,
said: "We have to be very careful not to get too carried away with
electric vehicles as a panacea for our transport woes.

"The mayor needs to do more to encourage people out of their
cars." ..."

Yeah sure! Instead we have electric car greenwash for petrol-heads
with a conscience..

--
Carfree UK
http://carfree.org.uk/