Old December 25th 18, 01:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Merry Christmas & Be careful on the roads

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 2:12:46 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 11:46:00 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 1:15:39 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 5:57:15 AM UTC-8, Duane wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:51:49 AM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

And you, Ridealot, and everyone else on RBT.

Andre Jute
Season of goodwill to all

+1

--
duane

++1.

Going on a ride with my son -- something easy, or easy for him. It is never easy for me riding with him. He generates too many watts.

I just put on some new Conti 4Seasons, which were an incredibly tight fit on the Ardennes. At first, I thought I had mistakenly bought 650B -- but I finally got them on. No flats today! I don't want to be struggling with those things on the roadside. Hope they're not to slippery with the mold release.

Weather: overcast, wet but not raining. Cold but not freezing. Typical PNW winter day and a fine day for the rain bikes. I'm going to check with NORAD when I get back and see how Santa is progressing -- or maybe check Santa's Strava page.

-- Jay Beattie.

Good luck on your ride! I'd hate to have a puncture with a tire that's a bear to get off. I did have a pair of tires that were extremely hard to mount on one pair of wheels I had. I figured that if I punctured with those tires on it'd be in far less than ideal circumstances for a roadside repair.. therefore I moved those tires to another pair of wheels that they were a LOT easier to mount onto.

Cheers

No flats. 28mm 4Seasons have a bit of a beach-ball feel compared to the ProRaces, but the grip was great on wet cement. The ride was tiny -- 11 miles and 1,100 feet of climbing -- which is just going up to SW Fairmount and riding around a few times and up to Council Crest and home. Up the goat roads to Fairmount trying to keep my son in sight. https://tinyurl.com/y83fm4lo

The main event was a family walk with my wife and son of about 7 miles through the fairy kingdom down the road from our house. https://paulgerald.com/wp-content/up...ate-park-3.jpg Stopped at the local store for a couple of things on then ran into our neighbors who were distributing Christmas cookies. Very nice. It was a total Norman Rockwell experience. A no car day.

-- Jay Beattie.

Got up early on this Christmas day and I hit the road as soon as it was light enough. Nice quiet weather and the streets were empty for most of my 62 km ride.

Lou