Old November 8th 19, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Will e-bikes expand cycling?

On Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 1:52:45 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 12:24:57 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 11/6/2019 10:29 AM, AMuzi wrote:

A perusal of auto repair fora would show problems on modern vehicles for
which, unlike the neat theory Mr Lieberman notes above, multiple pricey
components, each with their own delivery delay and labor, fail to
rectify the problem.

A good friend of mine had trouble with his Buick recently. As I recall,
no cranking, no lights, nothing. Jump starting didn't help. Replacing
the battery didn't help. All fuses were good, etc. He gave up and had it
towed to an independent mechanic, who was similarly baffled.

After about a week, the solution was found. Seems that in the rear
bumper was a backup collision sensor (maybe radar based?) to keep you
from bumping into a telephone pole or something. The sensor had somehow
failed due to some water leakage. But it disabled the whole #@&%! car!

When I was 16 years old my folks retired their old 1937 chevy and
bought a new car. I inherited the old car with the agreement that my
father would pay the insurance and registration and I could drive the
car but had to buy my own gasoline and keep the beast running. At the
age of 16 I could fix anything on the car. We just bought a new car
for my wife and I opened the hood and looked in and I'm not sure where
to check the oil :-(
--
cheers,

John B.

You don't have to check the oil, it has a sensor for it....pfff
Just wanted to mount my winter tires on my new second hand 2017 car. Damn the tires have a wireless pressure sensor built in the valve, so now I have two options for my winter tires: 1. leave as it is and get a tire pressure warning every time I start the car (you can't disable the 'Reifendruck Uberwachung') or also have pressure sensors put in my winter tires/rims; 50 euro a piece...

Lou