Old August 21st 05, 05:17 AM
jim beam

Default Tic/Tinkle Noise From Loose Ball Hubs??

wrote:
jim beam wrote:

dust caps are thin & weak. they are not designed for removal. attempts
to do so damage or destroy them. as you'd know if you'd ever bothered
to try.

:-) Perhaps they are not designed for removal by ham-fisted mechanics?

In my experience, removing and replacing them is easy with minimal
care. I've done it many times, and I've never ruined one.

Sounds like a competence issue to me!

Jim, every time you jump in and rail at Jobst, you come off looking
like a fool. Why persist?

because he's wrong! i must give full credit for a graceful admission
this time tho.

- Frank Krygowski