Old October 15th 10, 09:20 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Norman Wells[_10_]

Default driver uses car as weapon, driver gets life

Doug wrote:
On Oct 15, 8:03 pm, "Brimstone" wrote:
It's good to see that a car driver, using a car as a weapon, has got
his just desserts, life with a minimum of eighteen years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...r-driver-who-m...

"A driver who deliberately mowed down and killed a man after
following his cab home from a club was jailed for 18 years today.

Tate had claimed the death was the result of an accident, but he was
convicted on an 11-1 majority.

Judge Richard Hawkins jailed Tate for life with a minimum term of 18
years. "

I'm just a bit surprised that no one else has posted it.

Just wait until it goes to appeal, he will get a much lighter sentance

How do you account for the fact, though, that 11 of the jurors were not
apparently motorists, nor was the judge?

What are the chances of that happening, eh?

If you can't work it out, let us know what percentage of the adult
population you think are motorists, and I'll do the calculation for you.