Old August 12th 17, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 11:03:59 AM UTC-7, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:55:02 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

lifting the bike over some low
fences

Exactly how low? I don't think I could lift my bike over a fence much
above knee high, and I can't think of a use for a fence that low --
confining turtles? A symbolic boundary marker?

Of course I *am* seventy-six, female, and have a damaged rotator cuff.
But there is also the problem of getting *me* over the fence without
damaging it. When I was eight, I could climb a fence at the corner
post, but at a hundred and sixty-eight pounds, fence-climbing is right
out, unless it is built like a ladder. I think I *have* seen a board
panel in a wire fence, but can't remember when and where.

Joy, with all the racks and bags you carry Godzilla couldn't lift your bike over a low fence.