Old September 5th 17, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Let the Laughing Begin

On 9/4/2017 4:00 PM, wrote:

[I responded to this earlier, and it shows up in my "Sent" folder, but
never made it to the group. I don't know why. Maybe it had something
to do with my internet speed test showing approximately zero for upload
speed? Thanks, AT&T.]

Now don't say I lacked the courage to publicly correct myself when I think I was wrong. How many of you can say the same thing - John and Frank?

I've done that several times.

Oddly enough, I did it once in error. There was a long flame-fest
including an alias-using individual of renowned obnoxiousness. (He
stopped posting here years ago.) Part of it referred to a bike-related
technical equation in a website run by a pretty well known bike tech guy.

Anyway, after considerable debate, I accepted Mr. Obnoxious's claim that
the equation was in error. I said here that he was right and I (and the
equation) was wrong. Mr. Obnoxious was so surprised he promised to stop
online abuse - a promise he quickly broke.

Then I emailed the website guy, whom I've corresponded with and met a
couple times. He pointed out that no, his equation was correct and
showed why. So Mr. Obnoxious was wrong indeed. (I think the issue was
Mr. O changed the point of contention from force to stress, and it
slipped by me.)

Anyway, I had apologized here, but my apology was in error. Given the
climate of the online discussion, I decided to just let it go.

--
- Frank Krygowski