Old January 7th 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brycer1968

Default Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

I laughed a bit at first about the metal fatiuge teter-totter you had
developed there Gizmo, but like a lot of out of the box ideas, it sparks
other ideas too. . . . . .

I ride a really long set of bars on my KH36 that is run off of a beefed
up rail adaptor, but if I could cut the length of cantelevered "mast"
esentially in half, that would reduce some of the structural problems
with this design that I've had to engineer around.

I'm intriuged enough with your experiment to try to mock-up something
similar . . . . a cross between my existing mast set up, but with the
seat set back behind the frame somewhat. But I'm worried about the legs
hitting the frame bit that you reported.

Couple questions:
-Do you run zero Q cranks?
-Do you set your set for close to full leg extension or do you keep the
seat lower than this?
-Ever tried this bar set-up on a Nimbus 36 frame (with wider hub and
narrower frame crown)?
-Are you a race horse jockey sized rider with narrow "Steven
Tyler-esque" hips
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/image.../06/653292.JPG or more average
sized??
-Did any of your angle adjustments fix the knee/frame issue or would
you have to move the seat forward somewhat?

Thanks,
Brycer1968

--
brycer1968