Old April 2nd 14, 02:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
news13

Default Southern cross drive accident

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:25:13 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:

James writes:

Riding on the road in Melbourne on my "racing" bike, I get maybe one
puncture per year, but I avoid wet weather riding when possible, as
this is the most dangerous condition and leads to most punctures.

OOC, how does wet weather make punctures more likely?

It might be explainable by water+foreign object means it is more mobile
and gets flunk onto roadside by traffic, or every time it rains the gunk
in the lanes gets washed to the side where bicyclist ride, or puncture
repair in the wet is so miserable that you remember it longer than a
repair in the dry and thus seems to happen more often.