Old August 22nd 17, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Eclipse -- Ten Minutes to Totality!

On 2017-08-21 20:15, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 1:37:38 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote: Snipped
We used the electric welding visor but the eclipse was less than
impressive east of Sacramento. The TV is still running a big
rah-rah show about it. Oh well.

I guess the eclipse glasses scalper price ($250 was reported once)
will now drop to $0.10 or so.

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

I read about using welgding goggles or welding face shield to view
the eclipse aa it occurred and was warned NOT to do it unless under
normal light everything you looked at was very dark = that is other
objects. Normal welding gear was NOT considered safe for viewing the
eclipse EXCEPT for the total eclipse portion. I hope your welding
stuff was the really dark stuff.

I guess it was otherwise you'd not be able to see the keyboard any
more.

This one is for electrode welding and you see pretty much nothing
through it. It was like looking around in total darkness until ... oh,
there is the sun.