Old September 19th 18, 08:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
dave[_3_]

Default Continental Ultra Sport tires

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 01:40:46 +0000, Theodore Heise wrote:

Hi all,

I've used mostly Continental tires for over 20 years and nearly 100K
miles of road riding. Recently I got a half dozen Ultra Sports (700c x
25), and after putting a new on on the front noticed a definite bounce
as it rolls. I've tried three now, with the same results. The wheel is
very true and round, with no flat spots.

This review includes a video that shows what miine look like:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...2KFWEYREVBNBS/

ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00HPSCDBE

On top of that, they are damn hard to mount on the wheels! I've met few
tires I can't get onto the rim with just my hands, but these are almost
impossible to mount even with levers.

Is this a known problem with this model of tire? I've used the Gand
Prix and other models before--mabey have used the Ultra Sport before,
but don't keep close track.

Any suggestions are welcome.

The bead is probably not seated right. I have the same problem with
Schwalbe 20 inch tires. The rim manufacturers and the tyre manufacturers
are just a dinkleberries in disagreement. I am on my third rim and tyre
combo. Still tight AF but will just fit.

Deflate the tyre. Lube up the bead with some soap. Inflate to "Holy
mother of god! How much?" PSI It may decide to pop into its seat properly.

Or it may not. Good luck.
--
davethedave