Old July 26th 05, 11:55 PM
MattB

Default I BUY YOUR BIKE

GWood wrote:
On a related but OT thread.....

Probably 75% of the 100 or so emails I get per day are ads for various off
shore pharmacies, software, knock-off watches and the like. Lots are now
trying to peddle me goods in Russian text, so I don't even know what they're
trying to sell me.

I have set up dozens of email filter rules via Outlook, so most get routed
to the bit bucket on the way in. Interesting that the spammers will go to
the effort of trying to mask the text in their mails (i.e. substituting "1"
for "i" and similar pattern matching) to try to fool the email filters. As
if someone (or company) who deliberately filters the original trash will
actually change their minds when the doctored email gets through the filter?

It must work on someone or they would just dry up for lack of business.
I'm amazed when I think about that. Even if it was something I really
wanted, I would not respond to spam (in a serious way) for anything. I'd
try to buy from a non-spamming competitor.

I'll be one happy guy when the big hand starts to slap these guys. What a
waste of oxygen.

I'm not holding my breath. Most of these come from places where the
authorities have much bigger fish to fry.

Matt