Old February 14th 05, 10:53 PM
Ride-A-Lot

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
Per small change:

These trails are for dirt
bikes and bikes only, no quads but those guys will try and go anywhere
Hopefully these "turkey chutes" will help:

What's the diff between motorbikes and quads trail-wise?

Seems like quads would cut a wider track, but tear up the ground less....

Actually, in the Pine Barrens both are equally devistating. The enduro
guys have basically destroyed the Mount Misery trail in Brendan Byrne
State Forest. A trail they are not even supposed to be near. What used
to be rideable is now a sandy bottomless pit.

In Kings Grant (my local trail), the quads were the original trail
cutter. So now you have two deep ruts that make the trail.
Fortunately, the police have kept them away and with some work we are
filling in one track.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws