Old September 17th 17, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Front bike rack on buses, heavy bikes

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 12:34:56 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:
Snipped
That would be a no-go for me so I'd have to use my car like I do now.
Especially on an MTB you can't have panniers that are just slung over
the rack. Everything must be bolted and cinched in place or it goes
flying on the trail.

Snipped

That's funny. I use my MTB to tour on really rough dirt roads and trails in Northern Ontario and I've NEVER had to bolt my panniers to the bike rack to keep the panniers from bouncing off. I do use an Arno strap to secure them though. I like to be able to remove my panniers QUICKLY if setting up camp in the rain.

Cheers