Old July 27th 05, 02:44 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Phone orders to Harris - A cautionary Tale

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:57:32 GMT, Jeff Starr
wrote:

No one was more surprised than me, when I saw the amount of calls. It
won't happen again. But I won't send my credit card numbers over
email, for whoever suggested that.

Your credit card number is massively more at risk from large-scale
theft where hackers or thieves getting an online database of hundreds
or thousands of numbers. The likelihood of someone looking at
individual emails to get numbers is remote at best -- it's simply not
an effective approach for the criminal. And if you split the info
over two emails sent separately the chance of theft is even more
remote. You're probably more likely to have someone steal your number
from printed receipt a store or you neglect to destroy.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com