Old July 16th 14, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

I will shortly be posting more reports of serious accidents
and deaths for you to contemplate.

You would have to post a very large number indeed when you are comparing to so many rides per day. As I said, you are either dishonest or don't understand probability ...

There is nothing to understand about reading a simple report of a stupid accident that should never have happened if everyone had even a modicum of common sense.
[...]

Read the reports I am posting. That is the "iota" of
evidence.

No, Ed, do stop trying to move the goalposts. Your proposition is that mountainbiking is very dangerous. Mine is that the KSI stats suggest otherwise. Simply posting reports of accidents does nothing to provide any evidence to justify your position.

I could just as easily post the Lake District Mountain Rescue report, with three hiker fatalities just last year !

You could not post many such reports whereas I could post many thousands of such reports. That is the difference!
[...]

The reports and evidence of the dangers of biking on trails
are pouring in from all directions. The only one who is blind, deaf and dumb are
you and your cohorts.

Your pitiful handful of posts counts as 'pouring in' ? I think not.

Way too many to ignore.
[...]

You really want to contend that mountainbiking is as dangerous as going over Niagra [Niagara] Falls in a barrel ? ! :-)

It is just as stupid ... but you are immune to intelligence. Your brain has been rattled by too many extreme sports.
[...]

Unlike you, I cannot get around the facts. Hiking is safe,
biking on trails on is not safe. That is what the reporting from the field shows
without any doubt at all.

No, Ed, it just doesn't. If it were you wouldn't be finding a handful of reports now and then ... there would be a daily flood of thousands.

There are a monthly flood of thousands. I have better things to do than spend my time posting reports of accidents for idiots like you. Find your own reports of mountain biking accidents.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great