Old April 13th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default US Cycling Development Foundation Tax Filing Questions

B. Lafferty wrote:
"Casey Kerrigan" wrote :
B. Lafferty wrote:

However, the 2004 990 filing for USA Cycling, Inc. does not list any salary
payment to Steve Johnson.

http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...01e3d06a-9.pdf
The 990 does list compensation for Gerard B. in the amount of $158,750.00

So where the $125,000 that Steve Johnson says he didn't get from USACDF that
is reported on the USACDF 990 as coming from USAC, Inc. which is not listed
on USAC, Inc.'s form 990?

Did you bother to read schedule A of the USAC 990 form?

Yes. You missed the point. Who's paid employee is he; USAC or USADF? He's
listed as a USAC employee receiving a USAC salary without mention of a
USACDF employee with a salary drawn from USAC. The problem is in the USAC
filing not making transparent his relationship with USACDF.

Casey answered the question you asked, where does the 2004 990 for
USAC list salary payments to Steve Johnson? It's on schedule A,
which is page 7 of the pdf. If you can't get to page 7 of a form 990
how are you ever going to make it through Proust?

For your new question, the USAC 990 lists him as the paid COO.
The USACDF 990 lists him as the _un_paid executive director and
indicates he is paid by USAC ("Officer Compensation From Related
Organizations" from line 75). You're complaining that the USAC 990
doesn't show that he's the unpaid ED of a related organization. I am
no expert on Form 990, but it's not obvious to me that there's anyplace
to report that. If he was getting paid by USACDF it should show up
on line 75 of USAC's 990, but he isn't.

Not everything a bunch of politically sleazy weasels do is financially
corrupt. Maybe their motives are morally pure - they're just in it for
the power, not the money. (Presumably, the money we're taking
about is pocket change to Thom Weisel, if not to Och or any of the
other employees.)