Old January 31st 07, 05:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default "Top New Zealand Mountain Biker" Breaks Her Neck!

So much for mountain biking promoting health! Such BS....

Mike

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/latest...ountain_biker:

Near-miss for top NZ mountain biker
Posted at 3:06pm on 30 Jan 2007

Top New Zealand mountain biker Vanessa Quin escaped being paralysed
after breaking her neck in a fall during the national championships in
Nelson at the weekend.

It is the second time in five years that Quin has broken a bone in her
neck - she will be in a brace for up to 10 weeks.

She says she is feeling very lucky and is determined to get back on a
bike again soon.

Quin, 30, also broke an arm in a World Cup race in Spain and needed
further surgery after the Rotorua world championships in August.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande