Old January 25th 09, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Lou Holtman[_3_]

Default How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

Clive George schreef:
"terryc" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 17:53:04 -0800, Frank Krygowski wrote:

But I agree that riders may want different choices. Maybe the
ultimate is a custom bike with all accessories you want designed and
built as a system... for those who can afford such a thing.

Different people, = different touring = different bicycles.

The Q is "Is there enough people who want a particular combo to justify it
being prebuilt"?

I'd suggest that if it was, then it would have been already done.

And it has - just in places where cyling for transport is the norm, not the
exception.

Indeed. As a Dutchman I scratch my head everytime when I see what is
considered a commuter bike in the US.

Lou