Old February 2nd 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default Right/Wrong way riding for survival.

Neil Brooks wrote:
Bill,

I was subtly trying to get the small crew of assholes to quit screwing
with you, on r.b.m.

I was never particularly bothered by you, your tall tales -- true or
not -- or your unique character.

I think you're a hoot -- sui generis!

What I wrote wasn't in response to anything you wrote.

Thanks for that. There are a few fanatics that will probably forever
mess with me, but the fact that I survive these roads without becoming a
statistic only serves to prove me right. There are some roads where
there is a bike lane or even shoulder on one side only, and the other
one is inviting a 'Darwin'. I do my own thing and assess the situation
before I do something stupid, in this case being stubbornly self
righteous, and most likely 'dead' even if correct according to following
the rules.
When I go out for my 60 mile mountain rides I do want to come back alive.
The only tall tale I told was the tricycle incident, which will plague
me probably forever. 55 MPH down a 15% grade hill with my feet out the
back, losing the leg wind resistance really does work but I highly do
not recommend it. It was a prone position but my arms were killing me
from holding my face off of the bars. I did it once, and that was more
than enough. I may ride crazy but I am not stupid enough to try that again.
Bill Baka