Old May 18th 04, 05:26 AM
Gemma Kernich

Default Womens knicks that feel like nappies..Grr

I second that - get a decent pair of 'short' knicks and wear weg warmers or
knee warmers.
Best women's knick I've tried is the Castelli Y2 Progetto knick.
I have decided that the bib shorts are the way to go, and haven't found a
pair in women's cut yet.
Having a pair of shorts with a tie is the worst thing I've ever tried, they
are like the opposite of bib shorts in terms of comfort.
Gemm

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message

coowoowoo wrote:

Just purchased my second pair of 3/4 womens knicks as the short ones
have been officially relegated to the cupboard for winter. Several
people had recommended the Netti Capri Knicks.

After trying them on, purchasing and riding with them i can honestly say
that they are as bad as the rest of the knicks i have wasted $100.00 on.

I'd make a different suggestion: try knee warmers or leg warmers
instead. Then you can wear your favourite knicks (which there are more
styles of than 3/4) and adjust the warmth factor as needed. You can also
choose for a perfect fit and if you get hot during a ride they tuck
neatly into you shirt pocket.

That aside, I tried some Pearl Izumi knicks the other day and they were
incredible. But I haven't had any problems with my Netti knicks, be it
the pink chamois type or the "3D" grey ones (yeah I'd like to see a 2D
chamois) and I quite like the hipster cut - I make sure that as soon as
I'm in them I do some deep, wide-leg squats so I know the chamois is up
nice and high and won't ride down once I start. Obviously this won't
work so well with knicks past your knees - hence the case for knee/leg
warmers.

Also some of the Cannibal knicks have ties in the top, which you might
like, but I don't know if they make 3/4 ones.

Tamyka.