Old June 13th 05, 01:40 PM
Dave Larrington

Default Great Yorkshire Bike Ride (long report)

Simon Brooke wrote:

I agree with you about the weather. It was so cold coming out of New
Galloway about 11.30 this morning that despite wearing exactly the
same shirt and jersey I'd worn on the same ride in January my teeth
were chattering and I was pedalling furiously down the hills just to
keep my muscles warm.

Flaming June!

Having snarfed down a pint of milk and chunk of malt load at a petrol
station in Middlewich yesterday am, I informed my unofficial
control-visiting partner that I was off as I had no wish to freeze to death.
The arm and leg warmers hadn't gone on until after 3am, but they stayed put
for the remaining 200+ km...

Bah!

I thought I saw his name on a jar of marmalade the other day, but when
I looked more closely, I saw it read 'thick cut'.