Old August 4th 05, 11:46 AM
NoZX6R

Default Amazing!

warrwych wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:

yyyeeeehhaawwwhhh!

hey, if you see them lights can you let us know and possibly get pix?

WA seems to drive quite alot of cycling new stuff...

Dutchy, I have seen them thar fancy fangled cycling friendly lights in
Melb - just don't ask me where cos I can't remember!! Give me a few hrs
while I rack my brain to try and remember ......

The cyclists get a green light before cars (usually) at Canning St and
Elgin St, Carlton. Quite often the sheep driving the cars see something
green and just put their foot down and go. IF a red light camera were
installed there the govt would make heaps of money.

Canning St carries LOTS of bikes every day.

The ped crossing outside Flinders St station also has a green bike light
before the cars get a green, and straight away heading north on Swanston
over Flinders St the bikes have a green light while the cars get a red.

At the ped crossing the bike light is obscured by some construction work
so I reckon there are lots of drivers who think the bikes are running a
red light. You can really only see the green bike light if you're right
at the front.

--
Nick