Old March 15th 04, 03:53 PM
John and Pauline at Thornbury

Default Prescription Lens Sun Specs

I use Bolle Edge with inserts-great .
John.
http://www.pbase.com/john28july

--
No direct reply option available.
"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Pete Franklin wrote:

I've not used the Rudy Projects but I've had two sets of Bollés - first

Edge
IIs and now Vigilantes. Bolle do another design that also takes

prescription
lenses called the Parole - I tried these but the insert ended up too close
to my eyes and my eyelashes got hung up on them!

AFAICT the Parole is basically a slightly smaller version of the
Vigilante for folk with slightly smaller heads. Just a case of try them
both and see which works best for you.

come with 3 different sets of coloured lenses and cost me £100 all in,
including my prescription lenses.

That's very good, mine cost me £110 with clear and grey lens. I
subsequently picked up an amber set for another £18, so you did better
than I did on price! (and I've come across higher prices than I paid).

I recently got the prescription insert reglazed with a new prescription,
which has the nice effect of three new prescription lens sets for the
price of 1 because the same insert works for all of the outer lenses.
Because the prescription insert itself is relatively flat it isn't a
Complete Beast to glaze, which I think is the case with directly
prescription-glazing a wraparound style lens. I've been happy with my
Vigilantes. They are slightly less comfy with the insert in, just from
the extra weight, but not to an extent that's caused me problems.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital