Old March 22nd 08, 08:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

Default Congratulations, Mike V.

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:10:24 -0700 (PDT), Anthony DeLorenzo
wrote:

Hey Mike,

Wow, I just checked the archives. Your first anti-mountain bike
posting was August 31, 1996. You're coming up on 12 years now.
Congrats!

Thanks for your obsession with me. It's time well spent!

Twelve years and tens of thousands of posts. Even though
mountain biking has continued to grow year after year, don't get
discouraged. Some would call that 12 years of futility,

Mountain bikers are their own worst enemies. Mountain biking is
self-limiting, through causing death, injury, and impotence (both male
and female). I just tell the truth, which is always successful. The
proof is that mountain bikers try so hard to shut me up.

You are psychotic, Vandeman. In one sentence, mountain biking grows year
after year, in the next it is self-limiting. As a self-limiting endeavor, it
should leave you with nothing to bitch about, but as a growing activity it
should keep you around for a long time.

What amazes me is that should you ever attain your goal of shutting out all
bikes from all trails everywhere, the very best you can hope for is
preservation of less than one half of one tenth of one percent of the
environment.