Old August 25th 03, 01:11 AM
Pieter Litchfield

Default Linear

A few years ago I struggled with a Linear USS model. It was very difficult
for me to get going from a standstill. It squeeked where all the components
were clamped to the aluminum main beam. I almost gave up on bents. Then I
rode an ET and it was like night and day. I bought it. I rode a friends
Vision USS with much fear. No problem. It wasn't me - it was the Linear
that caused the problem. I'm not promoting TE or any other bent - I just
had a very fdifficult time with the Linear.

"P. Hardewig @fuse.net" pjwignospam wrote in message
Kevin Atkins' Recumbent Page:
http://129.79.22.9/bicycle.html

"Jeff Heimsch" wrote in message
I have both a long wheel base model and the short wheel base model. I

love
them both!!! Linear gets little respect these days, but they are a very

nice
bent, especially for a beginner. I really hope The Bicycle Man is
succcessful in resurrecting the Linear line. Kevin Atkins has a neat

Linear
web site. Perhaps someone could post the URL. The Linears are simple, no
frills machines that are a pleasure to ride.

"WP" wrote in message
news
Anyone here own a Linear? I bought one about a month and a half ago

and
have
only seen 2 others. I bought it used as a store demo so I still got

the
guarantee from the store (not the manufacturer since they weren't in

production
at the time). Got a good deal since I got it for less than the low

end
of
the
Easy Racer. I am pretty happy with it and glad to see that The

Bicycle
Man is
starting to produce them again. What are your thoughts or experiences

with
Linear?