Old March 18th 17, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Habanero Ti

On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 5:39:24 PM UTC-7, wrote:
So I bought one today road bike Team issue 58 cm. Riding carbon last 8 years and steel before that. I am hoping to catch the steel road ride that is an upgrade. The carbon bike is fine but seems 2 carbons are same thing, so give the TI a ride.

Anyone think this could be nuts? I do but hey.....

Deacon Mark

At the age of that bike you probably won't have any worries but many ti bikes are built with improper welds that will crack. I said this to people several times and they have told me I'm FOS.

But two years ago one of our fast riders showed up with a Linskey and I told him about that and the whole group made a joke of me on the entire ride.

The following week I pointed out a crack on his downtube. Luckily with a new bike he could get a replacement frame.