Thread: Interbike 2017
View Single Post
Old September 26th 17, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights
external usenet poster

Default Interbike 2017

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 1:26:07 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/26/2017 3:07 PM, Oculus Lights wrote:

If there's a waking giant in the bike light market, its for German STVZO compliant e-bike lights.
STVZO are the go-to lights for the big e-bike makers who want a single, global product, with a real vehicular type headlight beam. My STVZO beam is twice as bright, using the same or less power, in as small a footprint and package, costing the same or less to produce, as the typical STVZO Supernova brand 205 lm that most bike light makers are using by default for lack of better product available.

I'm glad you're working on an StVZO headlight.
--
- Frank Krygowski

This is my STVZO beam measurement with a lame old Cree XPG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXuE3JmBclM
Note that my lumens of 325, measured in a reasonably trustable lab, is also abnormally high for the max lux amount. The beam is much more even than other STZO lights put out, similar to a high performance car headlight spread. STVZO lights currently for sale look like a paint brush stroke across the bright spot, and not much more anywhere else.

Step up to a newer high bin LED and more power and this goes up to 600+ in manufacturable form, without exceeding 2 lux maximum at the horizontal.

Its ironic, and I think, bad business for other companies, to spend tens of thousands on an in-house design effort using conventional wisdom that won't make a light better than what's on the market already, when I have a STVZO beam ready to go to manufacture, that exceeds the performance and costs the same or less to manufacture than the competing lights already on the market.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home