Old November 1st 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 5:23:58 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/31/2017 6:08 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/31/2017 4:36 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 8:27:04 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/31/2017 10:29 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/30/2017 10:37 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:52:12 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 10/30/2017 10:04 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 07:25:14 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

You rarely have to worry someone is actually going to run you over.
After all if might get blood on their car that they'd have to wash
off. But the continuous threats are tiring. When I get back from a
long city ride - say my home down to Palo Alto along Hesperian then
back again - some 50 miles - I will be threatened at least two
dozen times with cars trying to nudge me off the road. Even with
open lanes they could easily pass in. Another thing is that you
will be riding along and a car will come up behind you fast, swerve
around you and turn directly into a driveway that causes you to
slam on the brakes. Usually a store or something.

I can only say that the U.S. must be different. I've ridden in
Japan,
Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand and have never, repeat
NEVER, had anyone threaten me, either by word or action. I also rode
in New Hampshire and Southern California, but that was a long
time ago
and I can't be sure but I certainly don't remember any acts that
were
threatening.

I can only say that other parts of the U.S. must be different,
because
what Tom describes almost never happens to me. Although my "other
parts
of the U.S." statement needs some modification, since I've ridden all
the way across it, and ridden at least a little in 47 states so far.