Old September 7th 05, 10:33 PM
Jasper Janssen

Default Making a College bike Inconspicuous?

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:58:27 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

My son enters college this fall, so I put together a bike for him by
salvaging spare components and a frame that I wasn't using. Suggestions on
making the bike inconspicuous?
Maybe disguising the bike isn't worth the effort for today's thieves?
Suggestions from college students.

Make it *con*spicuous. If they have to repaint the bike and/or sell it a
few states over to avoid the original owner claiming it when he sees it
across the street, they won't bother.

Technicolour gold/silver/purple/neon green/yellow seems to be popular over
here, singly or together. Make sure you paint it as badly as you can, so
that the paint starts flaking off soon. Anything that can take the paint
(wheels, tyres included, racks, bars..), leave it on the bike while
spraying. Uglier the better.

Jasper