Old July 2nd 16, 01:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Tour d' Stitches Out -- five miles, three hours

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:28:51 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Try doing "sets" of, say 5 pushups and repeat. In other words, do five
pushups, rest for one minute, then another five, rest, and then a
third set, if possible. As you get stronger add either more sets or
more repetitions.

I'm working my way up to doing my very first pushup. I'm in no hurry;
just resting my weight on my arms for a while helps the osteopenia.

By the way, some exercise authorities recommend that for women, it
is better to start with modified pushups. Instead of the entire body,
supported on hands and toes, try hands and knees until you build your
strength.

That's the "pushup" I was taught in gym class; I don't know how old I
was before I learned how it's really done. I can do that kind with a
weight on my shoulders.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/