Old April 6th 05, 02:12 PM
Peter Cole

Preston Crawford wrote:

In the end he drove off, I road off, but I'm really starting to get

tired
of this garbage. This happens far too often and I do everything

you're
supposed to do when it comes to riding. And yet still it happens. And

it's
never "damn you for passing me" or "how dare you take the lane". The

road
raging is always because I'm on the road period. Period! Nothing

more.
Nothing less. You don't deserve to be on the road, so I'm going to
threaten to kill you. What can you do when faced with this? I'm so

sick of
it. I want to carry a camera with me and just photograph the hell out

of
these people and take them to court. I wonder if I should carry mace

with
me at all times. I don't want to. I'm not a fighter. But at a certain

point when not only are you being threatened by their vehicles, but
they're threatening to wield weapons, what do you do? I'm at a loss.

You want some cheese with that whine? Sure, what happened to you was
unjust, but I'm sure if you looked around a little 1 block radius you'd
see instances of injustice (social or cosmic) that dwarf your little
bump. You don't get as indignant about those, do you? Your ego got
tweaked, that's all. Probably by some guy whose ego has been stomped
on. He's just looking to roll the **** downhill, and guess who's there
-- you. If you don't want to be vulnerable to this sort of thing, drive
a car, that's what most people do. Don't personalize it, it's not about
you, that's just your ego talking, follow it and you'll just get deeper
and become part of the problem yourself. Let it go grasshopper, and
think about why it's so hard to let go of.

Now if I could only follow my own advice...