Old March 15th 05, 11:25 AM
David Ward

Yes it's most likely a magnetic/no-contact switch, since pressing the
switch repeatedly toggles various different modes. It usually happens
after passing through the lift on the way out of work - lifts mast
have large magnetic motors.....

Sounds like I should take it back under warranty and if it happens
again I'll take it up with the CatEye.

Thanks.

David.

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote in message ...
wrote:
Definitely not a dirty contact problem. Its very predictable - happens
every time the lights have been left off for several hours.
Disconnecting *any* battery (without disturbing others) fixes the
problem instantly - no 2nd try needed.

Also the lights stay on sometimes.

Seems much more like an electrical problem.

I think the Cateye model you're referencing is the type with a
magnetic/no-contact switch. My Pyramid 5-LED has this and has the
occasional hiccup with not turning on and off when requested. Look into the
switch assembly and take it to the LBS (after having it on for a while at
least).